Saturday, February 26, 2011

Keeping It Casual Weddings - Personal Recipe Cards adds to new cooking adventures


One thing I would have liked to have done when we got married, was to ask for recipes from my husband's family. It had never crossed my mind to do so.

I knew how to cook some things, and had also made quick friends with my Betty Crocker cookbook. However, one day, after having been married for a bit, my husband asked why I didn't cook any recipes that he was used to. He said his mom made meatloaf that he really liked. I wasn't vegetarian then, so I found out how his mom made meat loaf.

Anyway, I think it would have been really helpful to have some recipes to refer to that came from both families. It can easily be done by enclosing a recipe card with wedding announcements or invitations, and including a note of appreciation if they could fill out a favorite recipe or two.

The following recipe cards measure 4 by 6 inches. There are also designs that come in 3 by 5 inches. I love the designs that have some color to them.

You can browse recipe cards on Amazon, here:


Blessings to you and yours.

Cheryl Paton
CherylsArt at Zazzle.com